North Staffordshire GP Federation has four key objectives. They are:
1. To provide a support arm (supporting Practices, their staff and PCNs)
2. To develop services for patients
3. To deliver services to patients
4. To be a Network of Networks and represent Primary Care
Some of the Federations key achievements towards these objectives include:
• Staffordshire Physicians Associate Internship -
Over the last 2 and half years, North Staffordshire GP Federation have continued to lead the way on a pioneering and unique Staffordshire Physician Associate Internship with many renowned successes to date. To date the programme has recruited 7 intakes of PAs across Staffordshire, a total of 24 PAs, with a further intake of 2 PAs to commence shortly.
• At Scale Procurement for member practices for contracts relating to:
- HR Support and Employment Law Advice
- Health and Safety
- GDPR and Data Protection Officer services
- Online Training Academy access
- Freedom to Speak up Guardian service etc
These contracts have saved practices time in all individually sourcing their own contracts, plus cash savings of £’000s further enhanced by the Federation contributing up to 50% of the costs also.
• Find Me A Locum Platform - The Federation was instrumental in creating and setting up the FindmeaLocum.co.uk website, which allows practices to source locum GPs easily and quickly as all background and regulatory checks have already been completed.
• GPTeamNet - The Federation purchased the initial 2 year contract of GPTeamNet, a sharing platform for use across the Federation, Practices and PCNs. GPTeamNet is specifically aimed at Practice Managers as a tool to help them to manage all aspects of the practice but also lends itself well to Federation working as news, documents and information can be disseminated quickly.
• Successful delivery - Hanley Primary Care Access Hub Walk in Service
• Successful delivery – Extended Access Service
• A 15 month pilot to support Care Homes completed
• Successful delivery of Extended Hours appointments on behalf of some of the Primary Care Networks and Practices
• Other Workforce initiatives – including supporting ST3s with post educational training and portfolio careers and supporting and facilitating GP recruitment across the area